Saturday, November 10, 2012

Contemplative Cat: Susan Kane

Writing an autobiography is a dicey thing. 
    On one hand, it could sound like I am the epitome of teaching (for twenty years), or an adventurer who worked tirelessly by my husband’s side in our hotel in Ireland (for three + years).
    There is also the part where our three children were born and raised, guided through some bumpy roads, and netted us three grandchildren (I love that part). 
    I could make myself appear to be a well-educated writer who is part of an elite group that focuses on writing in the classroom (I bet you were thinking “elite group of assassins), or I could go all humble and refer to my farm country roots with a barn full of stories. (Now, there’s a book to read when it gets published!)
    No matter what is chosen to go down on paper, none of it sounds real to me.  

    Basically, the bits of my life experiences have been carefully chopped into pieces, tossed into a blender, and ended up to where I am now.
    Which is here:  Open Doors Anthology.  I hope you enjoy my contribution, ”Cinder, Ellie: An Exclusive”

To read Susan Kane's wonderful posts, please visit her BLOG or Author Site.

10 comments:

  1. Wow. Is that me? Thanks for highlighting me! Looking forward to the new anthology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exotic looking creature you are. Wordsmithing and exoticism in the one package. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about being exotic...Thanks for the WOW, since I don't get that many about my looks!

      Delete
  3. I like the "authorly" image Susan. It looks like you "mean business"... congrats on the publication.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a ton that could be written down, all kinds of experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If one lives long enough, and likes to write, then I do have a lot to write. Hope I live long enough.

      Delete
  5. A very COOL photo! Looking forward to reading the anthology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was experimenting with the camera and such on the lap top. Wasn't at all sure it would turn out okay. The anthology will be awesome.

      Delete